Monday, October 8, 2012

Currently







  Reading //
  I'm working my way through "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls and "Mother Night" by Kurt Vonnegut. I'm also listening to   "Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy online whenever I get the chance!

  Watching //
  I'm finally catching up on Breaking Bad!! I'm also keeping up with the new season of Dexter, and for some reason I've been watching   Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. I'm not sure if that's even an acceptable thing to admit... I will say that the 1st season was really good,   and the music keeps surprising me! Tegan and Sara, Rilo Kiley and even The Postal Service... Whaaaat? But, I'm on the 2nd season   now and it's starting to get too soap-opera-romance-blah-blah for me so I might stop watching it and start back up with Six Feet   Under. I think I left off around the 2nd or 3rd season. It's such a good show!

  Listening //
  I've been listening to "Little Spring" on repeat from Rocky Votolato's new album, Television of Saints. He can do no wrong! I've also   been obsessing over Milo Greene's "1957" and Ellie Goulding's version of "Your Song". She has the sweetest voice.

  Missing //
  My guy. Putting the eight hour time difference aside, Andrew is hard at work and busier than ever so I don't get to talk to him as   often as I'd like. Our Skype dates are short and sweet and our texts all consist of "Good morning!" "I miss you." "Good night!" "I Love   you!" I'm counting down the days... Can't wait to squeeze him!

 What are you reading/watching/listening to lately? I'm always up for suggestions. :)

  (I'd like to thank Dani for this "Currently" list inspiration!)

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! This is the view outside my front window. It's perfect. :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous image. Shall have to check out all these things, they sound wonderful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is so gorgeous! Ugh having your guy so far away is the worst, isn't tit? Sorry girly!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's sad, but time keeps flying by! Can't wait to see him again. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I've been trying to read Anna Kerenina FOREVER, but I have no time! Hopefully you can actually finish it. :P And I hope the days go by fast for you! Life is just so grey when you have no one to squeeze.

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Anna Karenina is a challenge, indeed. I'm hoping I finish it as well! :)

      Delete
  5. six feet under is my favorite show EVER! we have all of the seasons on dvd and there are a lot of nights that i just pick one at random and watch for hours. you have to finish the series just so that you can see the final episode - it's perfect and gorgeous and honestly the best episode of tv ever. i guess. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you mind shipping me all of the seasons please?? ;)

      Delete
  6. I love Ellie Goulding's version of Your Song!! and the Grey's soundtrack for that matter! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so pretty! I miss you, Alice!!! <3

      Delete
  7. Hi! I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to say how much I love it! Love your style and photos! :)
    I've been wanting to read Kurt Vonnegut for awhile but wasn't sure which of his books to start out with. Any suggestions?
    xo Mandy
    missindieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy! Thank you! You should probably start out with Slaughterhouse-Five since that's a classic! Though Cat's Cradle is also great.

      Delete
  8. Oh man, the latest season of Dexter has my knickers completely in a twist. I just... argh! I can't describe my feels. Also, Breaking Bad? YES. Definitely one of my favourite series ever <3

    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can already tell this season of Dexter is going to give me mad anxiety!

      Delete
  9. Reading: "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides, listening : "Suzanne" by Leonard Cohen, having no time to watch anything, but miss my boyfriend immensely sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it half-way through Middlesex. I kind of lost interest but one of my best friends says it's an amazing book, so maybe I should give it another shot??

      Delete
  10. I love those colors-wonderful!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a pretty blog! I tried to get through Glass Castle! I think I got like half-way through and I just couldn't get into it. Do you like it?? You'll have to say if it turns out good or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ali! :)

      I do like it so far, I will let you know how it turns out!

      Delete
  12. I love these kind of posts and getting to snoop through people's interests :) Breaking Bad and Dexter are both great shows...and I also have to out myself as a closet Grey's Anatomy fan!! So let's see...I'm currently watching Homeland...completely addicted...and have just finished Game of Thrones..amazing!! Book-wise...just finished Vanity Fair and I think it may be one of my all-time favourite classics. I also read Notes on a Scandal recently and it's amazing too. Hope you and your man are reunited soon...long distance is tough going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Obama! I went and saw him speak before he was the president and it was incredible and so heart felt. These pictures are so pretty.

    OH MY. Breaking Bad and Dexter are two of my all time favorite shows. I'm so obsessed.

    Your blog is beautiful, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!