Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Favorites // 07.13

Surprise! I'm in Wisconsin. I decided two nights ago that I would take a spur of the moment trip to the Midwest since my cousin (who I haven't seen in three years) is visiting from Thailand with her new baby.

Though I'm happy to be here, the start to my trip was a bit rocky. Two hours before I flew in, my Dad was feeling really warm and had a strange, burning sensation in his jaw (which is a sure sign of a heart attack), so my mom rushed him to the ER. This same thing happened a few years ago, and the doctors found that the left ventricle to his heart was 97% blocked. He now has a stent and takes blood thinners daily. Any weird feeling he gets shouldn't be taken lightly which is why my mom brought him in.

They kept him overnight to monitor him, and this morning (as I type this actually) he will be doing a stress test. He said he feels fine, and keeps saying he shouldn't have gone in, but there's nothing wrong with being extra careful and taking precautions. So, we'll see how the tests go. I'm sure everything will be okay.

To take my mind off things, I decided to put together some of my favorite images this week from Pinterest. I didn't post any favorites last week mainly because I'm considering changing up the way I do things on the ole' blog, but it's still a work in progress.

I hope your Friday the 13th is a happy one, full of non-superstitious events.




You can follow me on Pinterest here.

17 comments:

  1. I love all of these (particularly the Woody Allen!) I hope your dad feels better soon- it can be so scary when family members are in hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these. Hope your dad gets out of the hospital soon so you can spend some quality time together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to pick him up in a little bit. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. you always pick the best photos! i especially like "love, always and kittens!" :)

    sending positive thoughts to you and your family! take care, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Isn't that kissing photo the best? I just love it.

      And thank you - all is well! :)

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he's feeling ok.

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky, yes he's doing fine now! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I hope your dad is okey doke now! Sending you my wishes via the ole internet!
    -Britney of Lemonwood and Honey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I have a love affair with succulents at the moment. My fella used to grow them when he was younger so I'm learning alot from him. Gardening is so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to collect some more! I love them so much!

      Delete
  7. Those pictures are very pretty. Just look at those kittens, cuties!
    All the best,

    Jana & Vanessa from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm a little disturbed. i just read your little lovestory with all the skype screenshots (:D), and i couldnt believe what i read: you know, that thing with nickelback, its... well, i dislike nickelback so much that i make offers such as: "dear universe, if you make thisandthat happen, i will never be hateful towards nickelback again, i pinky promise!" and i also carefully checked on my boyfriends opinion concerning nickelback before i made him my boyfriend. i can also thank nickelback (or that neurosis of mine) one bad head injury when i jumped out of the shower like a champion to smash the radio because they played a nickelback song and i just cant stand that. my plan did not quite work, as i smashed my head on the wet floor and not the radio. so i was there on the floor, not sure what tortured me more: the pain or the music. to cut this short: I AM NOT ALONE!!!! so very good to know.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm so happy to hear this!

      Delete
  9. hello amanda :) thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world...i'm so happy you did, because it brought me here to your peaceful place. i adore your friday favorites.

    wishing you a wonderful and amazing trip in wisconsin (if you're still there) and hope that your father is doing well...you're right, you can never be TOO concerned about your health...better to be safe than sorry :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!