Monday, June 25, 2012

Over the Weekend

Friday night, I went bowling with my roommates. It was so very Wisconsin of us. Unfortunately, I didn't do so well. It was pretty embarrassing actually for a person who has been on three separate leagues in her lifetime and used to bowl every Wednesday just for fun during her Junior year of high school... But, like all things, practice makes perfect and I can't even remember the last time I went bowling. (I also realize how much of a dork this makes me to admit to any of this, but I don't care. I love bowling! At least The Dude abides...)

Untitled

Untitled

On Saturday, I got together with Natasha. I met her a few months ago through blogging and we've been wanting to plan a meet-up for quite some time. Since she was in DC visiting with her brother this weekend, we took advantage of that and grabbed some lunch and talked for a few hours while Kyle and her brother were at a BBQ Festival. It was so great to finally meet her in person! This was definitely the first of many get togethers. :)

Untitled

After I left Natasha, I decided to walk around and do a little shopping. I turned a corner and saw this sign and gasped! I had no idea Fiona was coming back to DC. I saw her perform at Sixth&I at the end of March with Andrew... I had no idea she'd be back so soon! I have a serious Fiona obsession. I'm afraid to look at tickets, though. It might even be sold out already... It's tempting, but I know I really can't afford to spend that right now, so I'm convincing myself to not look up ticket prices. *cries*

Later on, I had dinner with my roommates. It was a beautiful night, so we found a pizza place where we could all sit outside.

Untitled

Untitled

golf

After that, we went mini-golfing. I'm a big fan of mini-golf. We drove 30 miles to a seemingly small, abandoned town and paid $5 for 18 holes. Not bad! The course was cute and lit up nice and the people running it were sweet. I also recall seeing a framed picture of Rodney Dangerfield hanging up behind them, so that proves how awesome it was.

Untitled

Untitled

Right next to the golf course, there was an ice cream shop with a line almost as long as Georgetown Cupcake! Well, okay, maybe not quite that long, but it was still a sight to see. Of course we had to join in and get some sundaes of our own.

Untitled

Untitled

We saw this cow and had to get a picture with it. He reminded us of home...That whole area gave us such a nice feeling. There was something very Wisconsin about it. Too bad it's so far away. Finding places like this is always so much fun. I think this weekend was the first time since the end of May where it actually felt like summer. Mini-golf, lunch outside, and late night ice cream with friends is the perfect combination. I look forward to doing it again!

P.S. It's mine and Andrew's one year anniversary today! He comes home tomorrow morning and I seriously can't wait! He left for Brazil at the beginning of June and I miss him more and more each day. I'm so excited to see him.

P.P.S. I still have a giveaway going on to win a lady tie of your choice from Flapper Girl! Check it out here.

32 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great weekend.

    I would love to see Fiona Apple too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you should totally see her if you get the chance. She's so great!

      Delete
  2. There's nothing dorky about loving bowling. I adore bowling, and as you said, the dude abides! :D So long as you're not out of your element (Donny). Haha, sorry, movie quote nerd!
    You're also giving me long hair envy, oh, and the munchies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I'm glad you agree!! Poor Donny...

      Delete
  3. oh my gosh is it too early to want to eat that pizza?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't think so. I always want pizza...

      Delete
  4. Great photos! The food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "that was so wisconsin of us"...genius line.

    you and natasha look related, just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. My dad's favorite joke is, "What's the last thing a stripper from Wisconsin takes off? ... Her bowling shoes!"

      I can see the relation there... Our hair is blending together!

      Delete
  6. How fun to meet a blog friend! I went bowling this weekend too, it's funny that you said that about being from Wisconsin because all my friends from the midwest try to live up to a high standard of bowling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's true!!

      Bowling rules. :)

      Delete
  7. we in ohio love to bowl!! i always opt out of wearing the shoes, though. your pictures are fantastic. i love how the first one is slighty... faded? if you don't mind me asking, what editing software did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That first picture was actually taken on my phone! I used the Vscocam app to edit and then used Instagram to apply a lighter effect. Nothing special. :)

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous photos! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a blast! You and Natasha have got to be the prettiest red heads EVER. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such pretty photos!
    especially the one with Natasha, your hair looks awesome!

    xoxo Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the pic of you too - you both have such gorgeous hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s. following! i love your little blog - i'd love to do on of your etsy interviews :) contact me at michelle_grant@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, that sounds like one full on weekend! oh, and now i want some pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a perfect weekend full of food and fun!

    AhkaVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you and Natasha look so much alike!! I always get super dissapointed with bowling because it ends up costing so much and I SUCK. like, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it takes practice. Look at the arrows! It helps!

      Delete
  16. Oh gosh that pizza looks amazingggg. Love me some Fiona Apple too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiona is the best! And I want pizza all the time...

      Delete
  17. Gorgeous photos! The pizza looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The picture you took of the bowling balls is really cool. I have mixed feelings about bowling. If I didn't spend my life surrounded by it, I think I'd like it more!

    But I do like mini golf!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!