Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Favorites // 06.29

Where did June go?? I can't believe it'll be July in two days... That means I've been living in DC for almost a year, exactly. It's funny, but I still catch myself telling people that I "just moved here" from Wisconsin. That isn't true at all! It's so strange how quickly time passes... Though sometimes when I sit and think about it, I guess I do feel like my old life was centuries ago. Looking at these pictures, I hardly remember the person that girl was just 12 months ago. That backyard, those amazing people, it all seems like such a distant memory.

I've grown and learned so much since moving here, and now I know it's true that leaving home and stepping outside of your comfort zone is a learning experience unlike any other. Seeing the world and meeting people from all over the globe with new friends, a new love and a new city to call home is so important.

Some people are okay with settling down in the only city or state they've ever known, surrounding themselves with comfort and familiarity, and that's totally fine. I just know I could never do that. There's too much excitement in the unknown and I wouldn't give this year back for anything. Each day I wake up with the itch to move again, and I know I will. I don't know if I'll ever settle down, honestly. The peripatetic life is too appealing...
Though I'm no expert yet, I know there's still so much to see out there, and I have a feeling this is only the beginning. :)

I hope your weekend is a beautiful one. Here are some of my favorite images this week on Pinterest.








Follow me on Pinterest here.

P.S. I forgot to mention this in my last post, but the winner of the Flappergirl giveaway is Lieke! I hope you love your new lady tie, lady! :)

14 comments:

  1. happy weekend! I adore the pups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE HUGGING PUPPIES! gimme gimme gimme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the deer KISSING ON THE MOUTH?! Too perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wonder what it would be like if I moved somewhere far. I have lived in California all of my life. Well, I lived in Florida for about a month, but I don't think it counts. :P Maybe one day I will move far. I've always wanted to live in New York City, and DC seems really nice too!

    I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a liebster award. :)
    http://littleredbowtalk.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally move somewhere far away! I highly recommend it. :)

      And thank you, you're sweet!

      Delete
  5. I want to move 'away', too, once I'm grown up and have a job^^
    This post is so beautiful again, so many animals :D

    xoxo Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet favorites! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh those hugging puppies are just ADORABLE! And I totally agree that June went by way too fast. Where does time go??

    -Jessica (Sew In Love)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummm those puppies? i can't take it. i'm literally a puddle on the floor. happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dying over the puppy photos. AHHH.

    Girl, you know I feel the exact same way about living a bit of a nomadic life! I get itchy when I'm in one place for too long :) One of the million reasons why we're friends!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda thank you for your nice comment on my blog ...
    Everything is very nice home ...
    Beautiful day / the pleasure to read you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having a change of scenery can be the best thing to happen to you and completely terrifying all at the same time. The photo of the puppy in the teacup is too precious. It gives new meaning to the term "teacup size."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those photos make me happier than anything!! So glad I found your beautiful blog :)
    I'm your newest follower!!

    Jess xox
    timefortea

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!