Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Life Via Instagram

Here's a little Instagram update from the pictures I've had on my phone this month.

Untitled

// 1,2,3. Hanging out on my patio is becoming a daily routine. I usually come home from work and head straight out there. It's nice to sit under the trees and listen to the birds.
// 4. Mama Mia sittin' pretty.

Untitled

// 1. What do we do the minute Andrew comes home after traveling for a month for work? Go to Chipotle of course!
// 2. I was in Racine, WI a few weeks ago for Mother's Day. Before I headed home, I HAD to have lunch at Javier's. I really miss that place! They have the best Mexican Food and the owners are so sweet to me. It was great seeing Ashley while I was in town. We went thrifting after lunch and my heart felt so full. What's better than thrifting with friends?
// 3. Eric and I caught up and had some late night food on my last night in Racine. Words can't even begin to describe how much I miss this guy.
// 4. Gina brought me to her new favorite spot in downtown Racine. It's a gaming store that also serves food. Really good food, too!

Untitled

// 1. After Brian picked me up from the airport in Madison, we ate breakfast at The Sunroom Cafe on State Street. It felt so good being there. It was almost like I never left! They have really good food in a sweet little space overlooking State Street. I had the tofu scrambler. Yum!
// 2. Like father, like son.
// 3. My mama on Mother's Day.
// 4. My friend Katie opened her own salon in the Racine area and I've been dying to check it out. She's quite the entrepreneur and I'm so proud of her! It's such a cute place and I walked away with hair five inches shorter than what it was when I arrived. :)

Untitled

// 1. My visit to Georgetown Cupcake was a yummy one.
// 2. Salted caramel cupcake... It was perfect in every way.
// 3. Rocky Votolato is a sweetie and he always puts on a great show. I saw him at The Red Palace here in DC this past weekend. Loved every minute! I ran into him on my way to the bathroom and I'm positive he's one of the nicest musicians out there. (And the tiniest! Haha.)
// 4. Open mic Sunday a couple of weeks ago. Charley was a charmer, and that woman next to him played just about every instrument you can think of.

Untitled

// 1. Andrew and I taking a break and getting out of the sun at the Botanic Gardens in DC.
// 2. We made homemade pasta that night. Our first attempt at the dough was a disaster, but we realized our mistake and the 2nd batch turned out great.
// 3. It was so good! (They were filled with butternut squash and parmesan and tossed in a sage butter sauce.) Andrew also whipped up a little grapefruit, pomegranate, and fennel salad.
// 4. The view of the Capital building from Andrew's rooftop.

Follow me on Instagram @amanda_face

19 comments:

  1. You guys are SO cute. Your homemade pasta looks INSANELY good. And your bedroom is so airy and fresh. LOVE. So jealous of your back porch!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness but your hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. georgetown cupcake lives up to the hype for sure ;) the hummingbird cupcakes are my favorite!
    thanks for the comment on my blog, ben kweller + jack white + same taste in books.. definite twins. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. i spot a couple darling pairs of glasses in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm Mexican food!! I wish we had a back porch because I can imagine relaxing back there too everyday...with beers or wine. :)
    Very cute pictures, Amanda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun photos!! Have a great day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos!! and they're lovely.
    Interesting blog, I really enjoyed browsing it :)

    XX JUNO ♥
    Ohit'sJuno▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute photos!

    your blog looks great! would you like to follow each other?

    http://mrmrswalsh.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in DC all last summer interning and had a view of the capitol building which I loved! So sad to be back in Ohio :( That homeade pasta looks delectable!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a blogger with great visuals :)...I am now following. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. You are such an inspiration. Hope you hear from you soon. Thanks

    steven

    ReplyDelete
  12. UM, creamy red birch beer?! That sounds delicious and I wish I had one in my hand... right. now. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely photos! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah!! I need to follow you! I'm obsessed with instagram :)

    Andrea brionne @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. gosh i love my apartment, but i so wish we had a deck/yard... and also, salt water cupcakes???? oh man!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my post! You are absolutely stunning and I'm so looking forward to reading this wonderful blog of yours!
    xo
    Amanda
    fromaheartoverflowing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!