Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Georgetown Cupcake

Something you should know about me: I love cupcakes. Like, a lot... A lot, a lot. It's bad.
The first time I had a cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake was last Halloween when Andrew's mom sent a box of them to his apartment. I couldn't believe how good they were.
The second time I had a Georgetown Cupcake was Valentine's Day when Andrew's mom sent yet another box to his apartment. She is a wonderful, wonderful lady.
You know how sometimes cupcakes are just cupcakes, no biggie? Georgetown Cupcakes are so different. They're perfect.

I've been by the store many times here in DC, but I've never gone inside. Nobody ever wants to stand in their long line to wait with me! I had some friends visit DC a few months ago and I was so excited thinking I'd finally get a chance to go there with them, but neither of them were interested. They saw the line and laughed. I was a little surprised and saddened by that, but then I remembered it's normal to not be obsessed with cupcakes the way I am. (Andrew often tells me that I have the diet of an Oompa Loompa. I can't help it!)

Anyway, Andrew's parents came to town last weekend and when I found out we were spending the day shopping in Georgetown, I immediately said, "I want a cupcake!" and Andrew's dad was all for it and said he'd be happy to wait in line with me. What a guy.
So, while Andrew and his mom shopped for clothes, his dad and I went on a mission. I was so excited. To our surprise, the line was really short; nothing compared to how long it usually is!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

k

They all looked so good!

Untitled

We both settled on the Salted Caramel cupcake. We also got a Red Velvet one for Andrew and a Coconut one for his mom. Yummmm.

Untitled

Untitled

It was amazing. Reeeeally amazing. Andrew asked me later on if it was everything I dreamed it would be and it definitely was!

Aside from the cupcakes, I really love Georgetown. It's such a cute area and it's fun to window shop. The buildings are so old; I'm sure they'd have a lot of stories to tell if they could talk! I'd love to live there, but one major downfall is that it's so far from the metro. (Oh, and it's also way out of my price range, haha.) Regardless, it's an awesome area and I really need to take advantage of it more often.

Have you ever been to Georgetown Cupcake? If not, you should visit if you're ever in DC!
You can also order yourself a box of deliciousness from their website! I did this for some friends in Wisconsin a few months ago and I was told the cupcakes arrived perfectly intact and were as moist and yummy as ever. How awesome is that?

23 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, yum! those look delightful...now i'm craving treats ; ) you're making me miss my hometown so much! ah! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!

    I'm a DC native - haven't lived there in several years but will be home for our wedding next month - and I have never been to Georgetown Cupcake. I think it's the line that has turned me off... or the reality tv show.

    But! After reading your review you've inspired me to give them a go and see what everyone's on about. I can't lie, they do look prettttty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never watched the show!! The wait is totally worth it. If you have someone to stand with you and chat, it goes by quickly!

      Delete
  3. i'm crazy for cupcakes too! now i want some..=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Must be difficult to choose from all these delicious kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my first Georgetown Cupcake two weeks ago, and it was amazing! I love these pictures! Your blog is gorgeous, I just followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I can't get over the length of that queue! The cupcakes do look amazing though! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my word. i would be in heaven there too.

    and i just found your blog and i am definitely your newest follower - and if you love cupcakes so much you should check out my post from sunday on the cookies and cream cupcakes i made for a vegan bbq :)
    -elisabeth

    lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, they must be good based on that line! And of course because, you know...they look delicious! I love that Andrew's dad waited in line with you while he shopped with his mom...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those look so good! thanks for checking out my blog and i for sure followed yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cupcakes look delicious.
    I love the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I LOVE cupcakes! When my man decides to make some I'm the happiest girl on earth :) and those, oh my, they look delicious!! Now I want to take the first flight and come to Georgetown, haha!

    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted to go, but every time I'm in Georgetown the line is superrrrr long, so I always say, "Maybe next time!" but they do look ah-mazing.


    heylivealittle.blogspot.com
    -meg

    ReplyDelete
  13. they look so delicious!!!! You could take me there any time you want! (too bad I'm living in germany....)

    but they just look so good!!!

    (and the line is reeeeeeaaaaaally long^^)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. they look so delicious!!!! You could take me there any time you want! (too bad I'm living in germany....)

    but they just look so good!!!

    (and the line is reeeeeeaaaaaally long^^)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woah! Check out that line! I have been watching the show, and I would love to come back and visit DC! It's one of my favorite places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great city - let me know if you ever make it back! :)

      Delete
  16. so so so jealous that you went there, but really. i've definitely watched that show multiple times. but really.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow those look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay you and I might be at a match for how cupcake-obsessed we are! That line is pretty intimidating, but with sunscreen and good conversation, it's totally doable! :)
    They look absolutely delish!! And you look super adorable chowing down. haha
    My best friend lives near DC so when we visit her this summer we'll definitely stop by there. Heck, maybe you can meet us! I love meeting bloggers!
    Anywho, have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha awesome!

      I'd love to meet up in DC! Let me know! :)

      Delete
  19. Did I really just see a sign that said "Hummingbird," regarding cupcake flavors?! I must know what that is! Those really look like some legit cupcakes though. Salted caramel is always a great choice. I'll have to try them if I ever get myself on the East coast!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!