Thursday, February 23, 2012

On Sharing

After receiving such positive feedback from the people who used to read and keep up with my old blog, I decided I'd start out fresh with this one and write about my new life on the east coast. It wasn't something I had intended to do, but once I started, I couldn't stop.

It's exciting being away from everyone you love, and getting the chance to share your life with them through words and pictures. Some people might think it's silly or excessive, but I think sharing is beautiful, and I feel boring and uncreative when I don't have something in front of me to prove I'm alive and living and happy. I want to say, "Look, look what I did today!" and show the world what I've created. Maybe that's my inner 5-year-old talking, but I just want to feel proud of my life. I want it to mean something. I want proof that I existed and enjoyed every minute of it.

Why do musicians share their music? Why do artists create portfolios? Why do authors write books? Why do cooks share their recipes? We all want to matter, don't we? We want to prove that we were here. Look, listen, admire, taste. This is what we've done. These are our creations.


And so, here I am, doing just that and sharing my life with those who care to read about it. Nothing means more to me than that. It takes a second to flip through an album on Facebook, but a blog is different. It feels more honest to me, and more meaningful, so thank you for taking the time to visit me here, and for caring enough to share your thoughts and feelings with me in return. It really means a lot.

That being said, I have two friends flying in from Wisconsin tomorrow and I'm more than excited to see them. Sharing my new city with them for a few days is going to be so much fun. So many adventures are a-brewin' and I know I will have plenty of photo posts to come.

Life is a beautiful thing, and far too exciting to keep to myself. I will do everything in my power to live my life to the fullest and continue shouting, "Look! Come see what I saw today!" and share my feelings to the best of my ability.

I just hope you'll do the same.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, thank you! Keep shouting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, UniPlaceRev-- Keep shouting girl!!! I love your blog and love seeing the world through your perspective for a few minutes every day.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!